Since 2007 RataPlan manages several bicycle sheds and bicycle shops for the Dutch Railways (NS). The garages that RataPlan manages for the NS offer the following options:
- Parking your own bicycle: you can park your bicycle under supervision. The aim is to offer the first 24 hour free of charge;
- OV-fiets rental: the possibility to rent a public transport bicycle contributes to the door-to-door journey. This means that in addition to a good connection to other means of transport, such as the bus or tram, there is also the possibility of renting a public transport bicycle;
- Bicycle & service: repair your own bicycle. We strive for a fast service. The goal is to have a bike that is brought in before 10.00 hours, to be repaired the same day for 16.00 hours (except for Venlo station).
In addition to storing the bicycles, the Alkmaar, Arnhem and Den Bosch stations also have a bicycle shop. There, both new and second-hand bicycles are sold.
Learning & working
The bicycle shops and parking facilities are staffed by regular employees and by employees with a distance to the labour market. A number of employees do this in combination with a training. There are various internal and external training opportunities at the NS. You can think of MBO courses in the field of technology and facilities. In addition, a hospitality training is offered internally. The employees with a distance to the labour market make a step with regard to the regular labour market through the training.
The NS parking facilities that RataPlan manages to be found below:
|Alkmaar Central Station||Apeldoorn||Eindhoven||Maastricht|
|Alkmaar North||Flexible Shafts||Enschede||Roermond|
|Amsterdam Central Station||Breda||Heerhugowaard||Zaandam|
|Amsterdam South||Den Bosch||Hilversum||Zwolle|
|Arhnem Central Station||The Hague||Leeuwarden|
|Arnhem Sonsbeek||Deventer *||Lead *|
Are you curious about the specifications per NS parking facility, such as the number of available public transport bicycles and other station information? Then go to;
- Available OV bikes: https://www.ns.nl/deur-tot-deur/ov-fiets/beschikbaarheid-ov-fiets.html
- Station information: https://www.ns.nl/stationsinformatie/